1. We have the sweetest new addition in the studio! Baby Jane arrived on Sunday 4.12.15, and we are so happy to have her here. You can peek at more photos of her over at @pen_and_paint.
2. Jane has her first pair of shoes from Freshly Picked. Y'all, these are the softest, most beautifully made baby moccasins ever! Freshly Picked has wonderful customer service and super fast shipping. Also, Susan, the mama entrepreneur behind the company, has been an inspiration for me for several years now. I love seeing another mama start a handmade business and grow it so successfully.
I chose these pale aqua mocs for Jane. One day her sweet little feet will be running around in these!
3. See those nursery designs in the top pic and the feather pattern above? Those are some of the things I've been working on for Surtex! Surtex is in a little less than four weeks so when Baby Jane is sleeping I'm finishing up my designs for the show. I'll be sneaking in a few more designs in pics on Facebook and IG from time to time so you can see what I've been up to.
4. I've been overwhelmed with the generosity of others during this pregnancy. From lots of sweet hand-me-downs to diapers to precious gifts we have been showered with so much love.
This sweet doll is one of my favorite gifts, especially since here dress is made from vintage sheets like my grandmother had.
5. As we adjust to having a new baby and running Pen & Paint I have thought a lot about a series on the life of a work from home mama. It's a balancing act that requires so much. I never want to give the impression I do it all, because I do not. I cannot and will not ever do it all, but I do want to encourage others on how you can make things work as a mama and a business owner. I don't know when I'll have the time to write that though... maybe during late night feedings, ha!
6. Don't forget about Mother's Day! Mother's Day cards are in the shop and you can order a card plus a 5x7 for $13.50 plus shipping or a card plus an 8x10 for $21.00 plus shipping.
7. As always, something good to thinking about: "Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier." -Mother Teresa